Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX8M ARM_PLATFORM_xxx pins

Jump to solution
SLICE
Contributor IV

Dear team,

After reading 8.1.1.1 ‘Muxing Options’ in i.MX8M reference manual, my customer could not find the description of ARM_PLATFORM_XXX usage.

Could you show me how to use those pins?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

I apologize for the delay

Those pins are for ETM trace. If you want to use these as trace outputs, you set the IOMUX mode to ALT4 and the corresponding pin will be a trace output.

For example TRACE0: Set MUX_MODE to 4 to make the pin an ETM  trace output.

IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_SAI1_RXD0 field descriptions

image001.png

You would use this in combination with a debugger that supports ETM trace capture. With this capability, it is possible to see the program execution that leads to the event.

For information on the debug & trace functionality, please see chapter 4 of the RM.

For details on CoreSight, JTAG debug  & ETM, please refer to the ARM documentation which is available on the ARM web site.

In general, such information is only needed for developing a debugger. For normal use, it is sufficient to set the I/O mux and optionally any debugger specific settings.

Best Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

I apologize for the delay

Those pins are for ETM trace. If you want to use these as trace outputs, you set the IOMUX mode to ALT4 and the corresponding pin will be a trace output.

For example TRACE0: Set MUX_MODE to 4 to make the pin an ETM  trace output.

IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_SAI1_RXD0 field descriptions

image001.png

You would use this in combination with a debugger that supports ETM trace capture. With this capability, it is possible to see the program execution that leads to the event.

For information on the debug & trace functionality, please see chapter 4 of the RM.

For details on CoreSight, JTAG debug  & ETM, please refer to the ARM documentation which is available on the ARM web site.

In general, such information is only needed for developing a debugger. For normal use, it is sufficient to set the I/O mux and optionally any debugger specific settings.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos
SLICE
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I am still waiting for your RE.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos