cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX6SoloLite uSDHC

Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like to ask about uSDHC of i.MX6SoloLite.

[Q1]

The following statements are written in your i.MX6SL reference manual(IMX6SLRM, Rev.2) at the description of SDCLKFS.

"If setting SDCLKFS and DVS can generate same clock frequency,(For example, in SDR mode, SDCLKFS = 01h is same as DVS = 01h.) SDCLKFS is highly recommended. "

My customer’s understanding for your recommendation is to use only SDCLKFS than to use both of SDCLKFS and DVS.

Could you show me the actual difference between using only SDCLKFS and using both?

Can I understand the value of SDCLKFS should be larger among some combinations of SDCLKFS and DVS values?

[Q2]

After looking at the following thread of i.MX community;

https://community.nxp.com/message/555761

My customer thinks that DLL Enable will be automatically adjusted in the case of DLL_CTRL_SLV_OVERRIDE="0" & DLL_CTRL_ENABLE="1".

Is it true?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. My customer’s understanding for your recommendation is to use only SDCLKFS than to use both of SDCLKFS and DVS.

A. Yes, this is correct.

Q. Could you show me the actual difference between using only SDCLKFS and using both?

A. It is not recommended to use the DVS divider since some (especially odd) settings of this divider can result in non-50% duty cycle card clock.

Q. My customer thinks that DLL Enable will be automatically adjusted in the case of DLL_CTRL_SLV_OVERRIDE="0" & DLL_CTRL_ENABLE="1". Is it true?

A. Yes, this is correct.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos