显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Question, i.MX6Q MII interface and G-Ethernet

774 次查看
SLICE
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like to ask about MII interface and GIGA-Ethernet of i.MX6Q.

My customer wants to use MII interface of i.MX6Q for other purpose than GIGA Ethernet.

And the customer wants to use GIGA-Ether simultaneously with the MII.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

标签 (2)
0 项奖励
4 回复数

559 次查看
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there is only one MAC in i.MX6Q, so you counldn't use MII and RGMII at the same time.

Have a great day,
TIC   weidong sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励

559 次查看
SLICE
Contributor IV

Hello weidong.sun

Thanks for your support.

Actually, the customer already has an experience to use below signals for 100-base Ethernet connection. They verified its behavior on their first proto board.

- ENET_MDC

- ENET_MDIO

- ENET_CRS_DV

- ENET_REF_CLK

- ENET_RXD0

- ENET_RXD1

- ENET_TXD0

- ENET_TXD1

- ENET_RX_ER

- ENET_TX_ER

The above situation shows that SGMII interface signals can be left free even while 100Base Ethernet is used.

Then the customer thinks that 100base Ethernet(not GIGA-Ether) and RGMII (for the other purpose) can be used simultaneously.

But I think that MAC should be used if one uses RGMII or MII even for other purpose.

So, if one needs to use Ethernet(100base or GIGA), RGMII and MII interface cannot be used for the other purpose.

Correct?

Best Regards,

Miyamoto

0 项奖励

559 次查看
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Masamichi,

MAC in i.MX6 can support MII / RGMII / RMII, customer can only select one of them for her application. She can't use any two of them at the same time.

Best regards,

Weidong sun

0 项奖励

559 次查看
SLICE
Contributor IV

Hello weidong.sun

Thanks for you help.

I believe using MII nor RGMII for other purpose than Ethernet under the situation that MAC is used for LAN is impossible.

Right?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

0 项奖励