Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX51 / direction of UART CTS,RTS signals

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hello team,

I would like to ask about the polarity of CTS and RTS of i.MX51.

In i.MX51 reference manual, it is said that CTS is output and RTS is input signal(Table 59-2.).

I believe that the description is based on the behavior of the signals in DCE mode.

As the description of DCECTE bit-field, the reference manual says as below.

“This bit controls the pin direction of the bidirectional modem pins DSR, DCD, DTR and RI.”

My question is;

As for the CTS and RTS pins, are not the directions of those pins changed by the DCEDTE settings?

In my understanding, the direction of CTS and RTS pins are not changed by DCEDTE setting. CTS is always output and RTS is always input.

Correct?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

please use datasheet as most update and accurate description

for uart, according to it CTS and RTS pins direction is also changed

1.jpg

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

please use datasheet as most update and accurate description

for uart, according to it CTS and RTS pins direction is also changed

1.jpg

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos