Question about operation when user want to transfer more than 4KB data from EEPROM at boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about operation when user want to transfer more than 4KB data from EEPROM at boot

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the operation when I want to transfer more than 4KB of data from EEPROM at boot time.

There is the following description in reference manual after copying 4KB of data from EEPROM to internal RAM by the boot ROM code.

6.1.5.5.1 Serial(SPI) NOR eFUSE configuration

After a successful DCD extraction, the ROM code

extracts the destination pointer and length of image from the Boot Data Structure to be

copied to the RAM device from where the code execution occurs.

6.1.5.5.2 ECSPI boot

If the DCD verification is successful, the ROM code copies the initial 4 KB of data, as

well as the rest of the image extracted from the application image, directly to the

application destination.

Question)

The information contained in the initially transferred 4KB data is analyzed, and the portion exceeding 4KB is automatically copied.

Am I correct ?

Ko-hey

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ko-hey 

Hello,

Correct - the information contained in the initially transferred 4KB data is analyzed, and the portion exceeding

4KB is automatically copied.

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ko-hey 

Hello,

Correct - the information contained in the initially transferred 4KB data is analyzed, and the portion exceeding

4KB is automatically copied.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos