Question about how to automate power-up sequence.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about how to automate power-up sequence.

Jump to solution
hikaruuruno
Contributor III

Hi Community,

We are planning to make a custom board with DCDC_BATT source only configuration which will power-up automatically when the power is supplied.

There are description in the documents of i.MX28 that in case of DCDC_BATT source only configuration, PSWITCH pin must be around MID level for 100ms to power up the IC.

Also, there is a description that "A MID LEVEL PSWITCH state can be generated by connecting the VDDXTAL output of the SoC to PSWITCH through a switch."

I suppose the part "through a switch" is to control power-up manually.

So, is there no problem to connect PSWITCH and VDDXTAL directly to automate power-up?

I could not find the exact same question in the community but if there is one and I just missed it, please redirect me to it.

Thank you in advance,

Hikaru

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hikaru

you are right, one can connect VDDXTAL via 1K to PSWITCH.

This triggers the startup automatically.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hikaru

you are right, one can connect VDDXTAL via 1K to PSWITCH.

This triggers the startup automatically.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos