Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Ethenet & CAN Data Steering of I.MX6DL SABRE Board

Jump to solution
inhojeon
Contributor III

Hi, All.

I want to use each assigned port of i.MX6 ENET_MDC(KEY_COL2)  and CAN1_TXCAN(KEY_COL2) , Do not use steering circuit like Sabre B'd(I atached a file).

Please, Inform me way to that question.

Best Regards,

Inho Jeon

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Inho

steering circuit is needed due to pinmux restrictions,

refer to attached Release Notes Table 10. Supported features

Supports both CANs using the flexcan device tree but has a pin conflict with FEC.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Inho

steering circuit is needed due to pinmux restrictions,

refer to attached Release Notes Table 10. Supported features

Supports both CANs using the flexcan device tree but has a pin conflict with FEC.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

inhojeon
Contributor III

Hi, igor !

Thank you for your reply.

You mean i.MX6 Dual lite is not supported port  another CAN port  not conflicted Ethenert port, is that right?

I want to using 2 of CAN and 1 of Ethenet at the same time by without steering circuit of I.MX6DL SABRE B'd.

How can I to do?

Please, inform me that way.

Best regards,

Inho Jeon

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Inho

I am afraid this is not possible on Sabre board, but if you are developing

new board one can try to allocate pads for such purpose using Processor Expert

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/processor-expert-and-embed...

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos