cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt5 Video playback on i.mx6q not working

Jump to solution
andreasmessersc
Contributor II

I'm running some Qt5 video examples (qmlvideo) to playback a VP8 encoded video on a phyFlex-imx6-board from Phytec but the video frames are not shown on the display. The BSP yocto distro version is 2.1.2 and uses Qt-5.6.2. Qt is configured for the eglfs-backend and uses the Vivante fbdev GPU binaries (Galcore version 5.0.11.41671). As far as I could see, the video frames get decoded correctly by Gstreamer and are processed correctly by Qt until they reach the i.mx6 videonode plugin in qtmultimedia. It seems that the video frames in the end get lost in the glTexDirectVIV-Interface in the i.mx6 videonode plugin. If I disable the videonode plugin everything works fine.

I can observe the same behaviour on a SabreLITE board running the kernel (fsl 4.1.15) from Morty and Qt-5.8.0, Galcore version 5.0.11.41671.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This issue can be closed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This issue can be closed

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Andreas Messerschmid can you let us know the  progress in your side?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Andreas Messerschmid based on the information provided yesterday, do you have an update?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Andreas Messerschmid can you let us know the  progress in your side?

0 Kudos
andreasmessersc
Contributor II

Hi Karina,

I need some more time to investigate the problem further as I am not able to work on the topic at the moment. 

Best regards 

Andreas

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Andrea,

I replied it a while ago. Did you get it?

I follow the link to enalbe it https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330047,  I got it played using qmlvideo camiandes.webm.  It was vpu accelerated.

am using FB backend. Qt is the one built with 4.1.14_2.0.0 BSP, which is 5.6.1

You keep on saying that glDirectTexVIV() has problems, so what error you get from this api call?

And, today, I tried again from scratch to prepare the sd card.  It works ok, the message printed shows that it is vpu hardware accelerated.

I built the 4.1.15-2.0.0 based on instruction here:

http://sw-stash.freescale.net/projects/IMX/repos/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/browse?at=refs%2Fheads%2Fimx-4.1-... 

And I make sure gstreamer is built into qt based on this link https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330047,

Then I play the attached video, it works ok

0 Kudos
andreasmessersc
Contributor II

Hi Chingling,

the link you provided (http://sw-stash.freescale.net/projects/IMX/repos/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/browse?at=refs%2Fheads%2Fimx-4.1-...) is not accessible.

The glDirectTexVIV-functions do not return any value as the return value is declared 'void'.

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Although glDirectTexVIMap() returns void, but if something wrong, when you call glGetError() after this call, it will not return GL_NO_ERROR, it will return some error code.

Can you check the last parameter, which is physical address of decoded frame, what adrress you have passed to this api?

From your debugged info last Friday, it seems the frame is not decoded from vpu. Can you make sure you got valid decoded frame from vpu?

It seems you are using community's vpu driver and lib, not from us. I am not familiar with it.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

chinglingwang‌ do you have something else to add here?

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

no.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

andreasmesserschmid‌ can you share the status of this thread?

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This thread has been updated since I was on PTO. I didn't get your last update.  I can image your upset.

I just tried to play it using gstreamer by various sink plugin,  all these commands works well on our board, I believe they will work on your board.

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/caminandes.webm ! video/x-matroska ! matroskademux ! vpudec frame-drop=false output-format=1 ! queue max-size-buffers=2 ! overlaysink

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/caminandes.webm ! video/x-matroska ! matroskademux ! vpudec frame-drop=false output-format=1 ! queue max-size-buffers=2 ! imxv4l2sink

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/caminandes.webm ! video/x-matroska ! matroskademux ! vpudec frame-drop=false output-format=1 ! queue max-size-buffers=2 ! glimagesink

The glimagesink plugin should use opegles glDirectVIV() to do the rendering. it proves that this api should work. 

In your qt environment, which plugin was connected when you play the file?  you mentioned .mx6 videonode plugin., is it glimagesink plugin? what is the name of the plugin?  is it using the one in src/plugins/videonode? The principle of code here is about the same as glimagesink plugin, if glimagesink works,this one should work.  What error log do you get? Did you install all the required packet ot enable qtmultimedia(QML) with Gstreamer 1.0?

You may check the link here:https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330047

I cannot play the video in qt multi media directory since these are not installed in our build. I need to rebuilt them in order to install all the required files.. This is the old version, our server has some connection issues, I cannot download the repo.  I will build it as soon as the connection is OK.

0 Kudos
andreasmessersc
Contributor II

Hi,

the relevant qt plugin is the one in src/plugins/videonode/imx6. I did some cross checks with gstreamer, too. I was using gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx in a yocto build based on the Morty fslc yocto release for the sabrelite-Board. And I was able to play the video calling gstreamer in a fashion like this on the framebuffer:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/caminandes.webm ! video/x-matroska ! matroskademux ! imxvpudec ! queue max-size-buffers=2 ! imxeglvivsink

So the glDirectVIV()-Interface is working in principle on the framebuffer backend.  Anyway I couldn't figure out why the videonode plugin in Qt isn't working. When comparing the source code from gstreamer-imx with the videonode plugin from Qt one can see that the interface is used similarly but not identical. E. g. the textures are setup in different ways and glTexDirectVIVMap is called different. Do you have any hints? Is there any documentation available which shows the correct usage of the glTexDirectVIV-API?

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

what is the bsp version 2.1.2?, I know we have version like 3.14.52,  4.1.15, but not 2.1.2,  is the full version name?

How you play your video?  Can you share me your command and video files so that I can reproduce on my board?

andreasmessersc
Contributor II

'uname -a' shows this linux kernel version on the sabrelite-Board: Linux nitrogen6x 4.1.15-2.0.0-ga+yocto+g651db0b

I run the qmlvideo example from path-to-qt5/examples/multimedia/video/qmlvideo/qmlvideo. Tested with Qt-5.6.2 and Qt-5.8.0. VP8-Demo-Video is attached.

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no video/qmlvideo installed in our yocto build.  I installed them manually.

I got to qtmultimedia/video/qmlvideo

when I run qmlvideo ./qmlvideo caminandes.webm, I got error:

EglFSVivIntegration will set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync.
 If this is not desired, you can override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI_BUFFER=1
Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts.

where did you install the fonts?  I cannot find in our yocto build

0 Kudos
andreasmessersc
Contributor II

I use the fontconfig library to manage the system fonts. Maybe you can add it via yocto as well. Alternatively you could use 'export QT_QPA_FONTDIR=<path-to-fonts>' to point to your system fonts.

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I follow the link to enalbe it https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330047,  I got it played using qmlvideo camiandes.webm.  It was vpu accelerated.

0 Kudos
andreasmessersc
Contributor II

Hi,

which Qt-version did you use? Did you run it on X11 or the frambuffer backend?

0 Kudos
chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am using FB backend. Qt is the one built with 4.1.14_2.0.0 BSP, which is 5.6.1

You keep on saying that glDirectTexVIV() has problems, so what error you get from this api call?

0 Kudos