Qt5.7.1 causing surface error on i.MX6DL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt5.7.1 causing surface error on i.MX6DL

michaelworster
Contributor IV

I'm trying to get some guidance on an issue I'm seeing. I have a board which is using an i.MX6DL processor and I'd like to get Qt5.7.1 configured and working correctly on the framebufer. I configured and compiled the meta-qt5 layer under Morty (2.2.1) with a 4.1.15 Linux kernel. The code and examples built, but when I run them on my board I'm geting "surface error 0x3003":

root@imx6dlic:/usr/share/qt5everywheredemo-1.0# ./QtDemo
QEglFSVivIntegration will set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync.
If this is not desired, you can override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI_BUFFER=1
Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts.
Note that Qt no longer ships fonts. Deploy some (from http://dejavu-fonts.org for example) or switch to fontconfig.
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3003

Aborted

I haven't found the cause of the surface error yet, and I'm wondering if that's just because something isn't configured correctly for this product. Does anyone have input on what can cause this issue and how to go about debugging this on the i.MX6?

Here's my current configuration:

configure -opensource -confirm-license -sysroot <my sys root> -no-gcc-sysroot -prefix /usr -bindir /usr/bin/qt5 -libdir /usr/lib -datadir /usr/share/qt5 -sysconfdir /etc/qt5 -docdir /usr/share/doc/qt5 -headerdir /usr/include/qt5 -archdatadir /usr/lib/qt5 -libexecdir /usr/lib/qt5/libexec -plugindir /usr/lib/qt5/plugins -importdir /usr/lib/qt5/imports -qmldir /usr/lib/qt5/qml -translationdir /usr/share/qt5/translations -testsdir /usr/share/qt5/tests -examplesdir /usr/share/qt5/examples -hostbindir /usr/bin/qt5 -external-hostbindir <my host bindir> -hostdatadir <my host datadir> -platform /<my path>/build_qt5/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/qt5/mkspecs/linux-oe-g++ -xplatform linux-oe-g++ -shared -silent -no-pch -no-rpath -pkg-config -no-accessibility -no-alsa -no-cups -dbus -no-directfb -no-eglfs -evdev -nomake examples -no-fontconfig -freetype -opengl es2 -no-glib -no-gtk -no-harfbuzz -no-iconv -no-icu -no-journald -system-libjpeg -no-kms -no-libinput -system-libpng -no-libproxy -make libs -no-linuxfb -no-mitshm -no-mtdev -openssl -no-openvg -qt-pcre -pulseaudio -release -no-sm -no-sql-db2 -no-sql-ibase -no-sql-mysql -no-sql-oci -no-sql-odbc -no-sql-psql -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-sqlite2 -no-sql-tds -nomake tests -make tools -no-tslib -libudev -widgets -no-xcb -no-xcursor -no-xfixes -no-xinput2 -no-xkb -no-xkbcommon -no-xkbcommon-evdev -no-xrandr -no-xrender -no-xshape -no-xsync -system-zlib -eglfs

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael,

I have no clue :smileysad:, however, mostly those EGL errors  are related to display resolution that is not supported in your current back end or IPU, or surface manager is incompatible with the window system you are using are you using wayland or X11?, please check previous thread

https://community.nxp.com/thread/440853 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos