cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt Build Environment

shani
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using IMX6DL in our design (referenced from SabreSD board). I am trying to configure my build environment, in particular configuring QtCreator for my target setup.

1. There are different articles/forum postings describing this process. What is the best/recommended method? Is this the best set of guidelines to follow: Setting up Qt Creator to build for i.MX6 ?

2. I noticed that here (https://community.nxp.com/thread/309578#510890 ) are another set of instructions with one big difference: this one suggests adding the following line to qtcreator.sh "source /opt/poky/1.4.1/environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi"

Is this necessary?

3. In both the above steps, it creates and SDK with the build tools (compiler/linker etc) build into it and suggests that the compiler to use is in here: /opt/poky/1.4.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++

How is this compiler different from the linaro toolchain? Which one is the recommended toolchain to use?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shani,

(1) There may not be a unique method and since neither comes from Qt directly I would recommend following the one that closest matches your desired configuration (in terms of Qt version, etc). There are several threads regarding this topic that mat help.

(2) What this scrip does is initializing the toolchain variables on the environment. I don’t think Qt Creator needs them to be initialized but you may do so without harm.

(3) You may use the linaro toolchain instead. You would need to check on the release notes of the BSP you are interested in to see which toolchain version is being used. You may find the toolchain then on a repository like:

http://repository.timesys.com/buildsources/g/gcc/

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos