QSB consultant in San Diego

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSB consultant in San Diego

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

Are there any consultants who have worked with the Quickstart board and connecting a camera to the CS0 port?  I have burned through unbelievable amounts of time on this.  I'm working on installing LTIB, but it needs a bunch of packages I've not figured out yet.  I need some serious, quick help on this.  Please send me and email.

Jack Gansel was right, you do pay and pay for Linux, just not for the OS. :)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First you will need a Linux driver for this custom camera.

I haven't posted the HAB link. There is no relationship with the camera topic.

0 Kudos

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

The camera is a custom research camera.  It's specially configured to connect to CSI0.  The camera controls aren't on the I2C bus...

I'll check on the ov5642.  

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood the post about the HAB, then?

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Which camera model does this custom PCB have?

Have you taken care of IOMUX (CSI0 pins, I2C in case the camera is connected in the I2C bus)?

See how mx53smd registers the ov5642 in the I2C bus as a reference.

Also, the link you posted is about HAB, which is not related to the CSI.

Aaron Linsdau said:

Fabio,

I have an engineer who created a custom PCB to interface to the CSI 120-pin port on the QSB.  The data has already been formatted to work within the confines of the CS0 port.  The data is sitting at the door, ready to be collected.

I've got your link to the m53smd:

http://imxcommunity.org/profiles/blogs/mx53-smd-high-assurance-boot

I'll follow your material and let you know how far I get today.  Thank you!

0 Kudos

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

Fabio,

I have an engineer who created a custom PCB to interface to the CSI 120-pin port on the QSB.  The data has already been formatted to work within the confines of the CS0 port.  The data is sitting at the door, ready to be collected.

I've got your link to the m53smd:

http://imxcommunity.org/profiles/blogs/mx53-smd-high-assurance-boot

I'll follow your material and let you know how far I get today.  Thank you!

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mx53smd board does support ov5642 camera by default. Take a look at:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/arch/arm/mach-mx5/mx53_smd.c?h=imx_...

I never connected a CMOS camera to mx53qsb. How are you doing this from a hardware standpoint?

If you are in a hurry to get this working, try to get access to a mx53smd and it will work out of the box.

This material I wrote can also help you:

http://www.imxdev.org/wiki/index.php?title=I.MX53_QSB_Board_Video

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

Jose,

Nope, I've not tried a min profile.  Where's the min profile described so I can get that going?  I'm working through how to load an LTIB-created image onto a uSD card and getting it to run on the QSB.

I believe I made the adjustments to visudo for TFTP but perhaps not?

Yes, I do have a tight deadline.  I need to work with the person side-by-side, not fully dump it on their lap - that's overload.  Working in concert with someone who has done something very similar with the CS0 port, I think it can be cracked pretty quick.  Heck, if I had any video from the port displaying off my camera, I'd be in much better shape.  I can pay, maybe not at the person's normal rate, but certainly not working for free!  Hopefully that's motivating?

I've seen other postings with the same problems:

http://imxcommunity.org/forum/topics/imx53-csi-camera-interface?commentId=4103961%3AComment%3A64935

and then the thread goes dead.  FSL said they don't know of anyone who has actually done this, only on the SABRE development board.  Really, this shouldn't be terribly difficult with someone with familiarity - I just wish I had it.

0 Kudos

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

It's interesting there have been no offers to take this job over.  Surely it can't be that difficult, as I'm clearly proving I'm not that smart or it really just takes months and months to wade through this.

0 Kudos

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

Sir Jose,

Yes, I've been following the user guide.  It's funny because the user guide refers to other guides for other things that you have to do first.  That's all fine.

I'm trying to create a successful LTIB run now but receive a lot of permission denied messages:

failed to stat /home/aaron/.gvfs: permission denied

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

Jose - I have a custom camera that hooks to the CS0 interface.  It looks like there are some drivers here:

<ltib dir>/rpm/BUILD/linux/drivers/media/video/mxc/capture

What doc describes how to take one of those drivers and get video output?  I'm closer but still far away.

0 Kudos

AaronLinsdau
Contributor I

Jose,

I've finally got the LTIB building this morning.  Wow, it takes quite a long time to process.  I didn't make any changes but it ran for 1.5 hours before I was forced to kill the job.

My next goal is to load a generic (if there is such a thing) camera driver and try to get data out of it.  Even if it's somewhat junk, I can work with that.  Not having anything running is killing me.

0 Kudos