cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QML apps on i.MX6UL

friederschrempf
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm trying to run Qt5 QML apps on a imx6ulevk board.

As there is no eglfs support on the hardware side I'm trying to use the linuxfb QPA-Plugin to render via software.

But upon starting any QML app, I don't get any output on the screen.

Can someone help, please?

Best Regards,
Frieder

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

friederschrempf
Contributor IV

I just tried to run some Qt-widgets apps and they are running fine, whereas also non-qt apps with GUI, like ts_test are not putting anything on the screen.

0 Kudos

almarto
Contributor IV

Hi Frieder,

I have exactly the same problem as you ... I would like to execute Qt5 QML apps in the imx6ulevk and I have not succeeded so far.

Regarding QML, I got the following answer in the meta-freescale lists from Otavio Salvador:

"You can use QT5 with the i.MX6UL but without QML. The QML requires the Qt Quick 2D

raster library to work without 3D GPU and this is a commercial module from The Qt Company."

I would also like to test the graphical capabilities with opengl and openvg software renderization and cannot execute any example available in the fsl-image-qt5.

Have you done some tests to check it? Could you please help me with an indication on how to do it?

I created fsl-image-qt5 with X11 as backend.

Thanks and regards,

alvaro

0 Kudos

friederschrempf
Contributor IV

Hi Alvaro,

Thank you for sharing the information. I didn't get any further with using software rendering.

I'm not using X11 or any windowing system.

I tried to use mesa as opengl software implementation, but didn't succeed so far.

I'm wondering if there is any alternative to the commercial Qt Quick 2D renderer?

Regards

Frieder

0 Kudos