Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection circuit between VSNVS and VDD_SNVS_IN

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

I plan to use i.MX6ULL and PF3000 and want to confirm that I need to add a protection circuit between VSNVS and VDD_SNVS_IN.

We connects to VSNVS and VDD_SNVS_IN.

Furthermore, coin batteries may not be installed in some cases, and the VIN power to be supplied to the PF3000 is not a battery but an AC adapter, so there are situations where the power supply at the base can be suddenly cut off.

Here is the description in the Hardware Development Guide.

When VDD_HIGH_IN > VDD_SNVS_IN

VDD_HIGH_IN supplies all SNVS domain current and current flows into VDD_SNVS_IN to charge a coin cell battery.

From the above description, I think that user need to have a protection circuit for backflow prevention.

Am I correct ?

Ko-hey

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

generally You are right; note it is enough to use a diode to prevent current flow

(if present) from VDD_HIGH_IN via  VDD_SNVS_IN to charge a coin cell battery.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

generally You are right; note it is enough to use a diode to prevent current flow

(if present) from VDD_HIGH_IN via  VDD_SNVS_IN to charge a coin cell battery.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos