Problems with imx7d overlay setting rgb565 mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with imx7d overlay setting rgb565 mode?

Contributor II

Hello everyone
On imx7d, I successfully enabled the overlay layer, and my screen resolution is 720x1280. And when bits-per-pixel = <32>, everything looks good except for screen jitter. Later I set bits-per-pixel = <16> and found that there is a problem with the display. When bits-per-pixel = 16, it is equal to the RGB565 mode. Through calculation, the size of / dev / fb0 should be 720 * 1280 * 2 = 1843200. 16bit) Write to / dev / fb0, the screen can be displayed normally. But when I write the same picture to / dev / fb1, the screen displays an error. If I write a 720 * 1280 * 32bit image content to / dev / fb1, the screen can be displayed normally. Is that why?

Phenomenon refer to the picture below

1.png2.png3.png

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 其东 刘 

one can try to narrow down problem running simple pxp unit test :

pxp_test.c\pxp_lib_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos