Problems setting up an MIMX1060 EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up an MIMX1060 EVK

jautry
Contributor IV

I am trying to run this evaluation board with JLINK debugger, but never seem able to get USB operating.  I downloaded k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin and copied into maintenance folder, but the J-LINK usb port never appears and the J-LINK app never sees a USB emulator.  When I copy the file to the maintenance folder, do I wait before re-powering the unit, or re-power immediately.  If I wait, I get a fail.txt with a transfer timeout.  Instructions are not too clear, perhaps there is a site with more comprehensive steps of what to do and what to expect somewhere.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jautry
Contributor IV

I wanted to use the OpenSDA via the USB connector

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

I don't have a RT1060, but I do have the RT1064-EVK (see First Steps with the NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK Board | MCU on Eclipse ). From what I see is that the RT1060-EVK is using the same OpenSDA processor, and on these boards it is a LPC device and not the Kinetis K20 as on other OpenSDA designs. So that k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin won't work for that LPC device, as the code is for K20 and not for the LPC4370.

To my understanding, there is no Segger OpenSDA binary for the LPC4370 (yet).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To make me able to accurately answer your question, please specify your task clearly. Do you want to use the Segger J-LINK JTAG probe with corresponding host software to directly debug the i.MX RT1060 processor? Or, do you want to use the OpenSDA debug interface, implemented with the on-board LPC4322 microcontroller on J41 USB connector? Please specify.

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos