cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with understanding EPD and QT apps on i.MX6 SoloLite

brankokaraklaji
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

This is our first post on this forum, and also first use of Freescale i.MX6SoloLite platform.

Few words of history. We are using i.MX6SL-EVK with EPD add on board. All is ok when system is booted from included sdcard for e-INK demo.

We managed to compile two different images, with latest Linux and U-Boot releases (rel_imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga).

One image is built with Yocto (fsl-image-qt5 with -e fb switch) second one is built with Buildroot (qt5 included and built with linuxfb support). Both images boot successfully to console, and Tux is shown on EPD during linux boot. On both images, we have video=mxcepdcfb:E060SCM passed from u-boot to linux.

Description of problems:

We are not able to show anything on display.

With buildroot:

1. We tried to show image on display with fbv <file_name>.

Nothing is shown on display, but when we use fbgrab, we are able to see image in captured fb output.

2. We tried to run qt example (analogclock) and same as above, nothing on display, but clock is shown when image captured with fbgrab.

Output of fbset for buildroot:

# fbset

mode "800x600-0"

# D: 0.037 MHz, H: 0.041 kHz, V: 0.067 Hz

geometry 800 600 800 1280 16

timings 26666667 8 100 4 8 4 1

accel false

rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0

endmode

With Yocto build (fsl-image-qt5)

1. We are able to run mxc_epdc_fb_test form /unit-tests directory, and we are able to see different phases of tests on EPD.

2. When we try to run qt example on this build (analogclock) we are not able to see anything on display, same as for Buildroot image.

Output of fbset is same as for Buildroot build.

My question is, how to see QT examples on EPD display. Let's say, mentioned analogclock example?

Any debug output are available on request. Not sure what to attach in this moment.

Our guess is that some steps are missing on our side.

Any help?

Thanks
Branko

Labels (4)
3 Replies

chihwenlee
Contributor II

EPD display not upate automatically

Can not lunch Qt5_CinematicExperience

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far as I understand this combination does not work fsl-image-qt5 with -e fb, you should use fsl-image-qt5 with -e x11.

Best Regards,

/Alejandro

0 Kudos

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi alejandrolozano,

I would like to know, if I compile with "fsl-image-qt5 with -e x11" option, will that sufficient to run the Qt examples (say, analog clock) on EPD? What commands I should pass while running the Qt examples on the EPD?

Looking forward to your reply...

Thank you in advance,
Ajith P V