Problem when booting on battery imx233 bga: ERROR_DDI_SD_MULTI_READ_TIMEOUT (0x8020a023)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when booting on battery imx233 bga: ERROR_DDI_SD_MULTI_READ_TIMEOUT (0x8020a023)

Jump to solution
pierreparent
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a custom board, with an imx233 BGA and 128 Mo of RAM. Everything works almost perfect but one thing.

When I boot form LiPo only I get "HTLCL0x8020a023" (I'm booting form SD BCB). But If I boot form 5V and then disconnect the 5V, the board stays up thanks to the battery.

The thing is I have another custom board with Imx233 LQFP package, with almost same electrical schematics, and very similar layout. And it boots ok from the same battery.

What I've tryed on my imx233 BGA board:

*Add huge capacitance in parallel of  the battery: no change.

*Add huge capacitance in parallel of  3.3v: no change.

*Add 10pf and 100pf capacitors in parallel of the inductor (see imx233 weird DCDC capacitor problems | olimex ): no change

*To replace the inductor by another model: no change.

I'm kind of running out of ideas.

Do you have any hint?

Thanks in advance.

Pierre.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pierreparent
Contributor III

Ok I've found a solution : Add a 100Uf Tantale trhough hole on 3.3v.

But this is very ugly. I could add as many 22uF as I wanted, it would not change anything.

I'l surprized I get this problem with the BGA version and not the LQFP. Might be a layout issue though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pierreparent
Contributor III

Ok I've found a solution : Add a 100Uf Tantale trhough hole on 3.3v.

But this is very ugly. I could add as many 22uF as I wanted, it would not change anything.

I'l surprized I get this problem with the BGA version and not the LQFP. Might be a layout issue though.

0 Kudos