cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem switching from i.MX6S to i.MX6DL

steffendoster
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a problem switching my board from i.MX6S to i.MX6DL.

I thought those processors should be the same except for the additional core on i.MX6DL. But there seem to be an important difference which I haven't found yet.

We took one of our Solo boards and replaced the processor with a DualLite in hope it will run out of the box with the old Solo-BSP (except for the additional core). As far as I can see, we haven't changed any additional hardware.

Well, it ran for a short time. But after some Seconds our LVDS-Display starts blinking. And after about 3 to 5 Minutes the device crashes completely and runs into a reboot.

We are running U-Boot, Mainline Linux 4.9 and Debian 9. It crashes not only in linux but also in U-Boot with the same symptoms

Is there something that has to be changed between the processors?

Do you need additional Informations?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

AN4397  (Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite)
describes differences between
devices of i.MX6 series.

In particular, i.MX6S does not support 64-bit memory.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4397.pdf

IMX6DL may require more careful
power and decouple considerations.
Please use recommendations of
Hardware Development Guide for i.MX6.

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

steffendoster
Contributor IV

Well, our Hardware-Department already checked the attached documents and said that the decoupling even meet the requirements for a Quad.

0 Kudos