cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on RioT Board (iMX 6Solo Cortex A9) Compilation

santhoshkarthik
Contributor III

Hi,

In our Corporate network Git is blocked, So while compiling I had below error,

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/philb/update-rc.d.git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/irgmhm/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/update-rc.d-native/0.7-r5/temp/log.do_fetch.3806

ERROR: Task 248 (virtual:native:/home/irgmhm/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d_0.7.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

I think this is because of fetching update-rc.d script from Git site, Since it is blocked it is throwing an error.

and I tried to get the file and add it in my PC in ../sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d/.  and I changed SRC to local path SRC_URI = "file://update-rc.d \ now it is throwing following error,

Applying patch add-verbose.patch
can't find file to patch at input line 5
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Upstream-Status: Pending
|
|--- update-rc.d/update-rc.d.org 2005-01-03 00:30:47.000000000 +0200
|+++ update-rc.d/update-rc.d 2007-12-01 19:41:08.000000000 +0200
--------------------------
No file to patch. Skipping patch.
5 out of 5 hunks ignored
Patch add-verbose.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
ERROR: Function failed: patch_do_patch
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/irgmhm/karthik/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/update-rc.d-native/0.7-r5/temp/log.do_patch.2135
ERROR: Task 245 (virtual:native:/home/irgmhm/karthik/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d_0.7.bb, do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

So Please share any mirror link for the above script file or give me solution for the above error.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Karthikeyan,
NXP does not support RIoT board as it is not developed by NXP. You can refer the following link for support:
https://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/single-board-computers/riotboard

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

santhoshkarthik
Contributor III

Hi CarlosCasillas,

Thanks alot. We have one more board from Freescale i.e iMX28 EVK. Our ultimate aim is ti integrate CAN to our application, So whether the above board has CAN controller + CAN transceiver. Kindly please let me know, So that we will use above i.MX28 EVK board.

Thanks,

Karthik 

0 Kudos