Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Booting 5.1.1 Android BSP from SD card on IMX6 SABRE-SD Board

Jump to solution
mohamedfasil
Contributor II

Hi ,

I got the Freescale Android BSP code as mentioned in "Android Users Guide.pdf" for 5.1.1 and followed the below steps for building binary for SD Card booting

$ cd ~/myandroid

$ source build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch sabresd_6dq-user

$ make BUILD_TARGET_DEVICE=sd 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

Got all binaries build and followed the below steps to burn the images on SD card.

copied this script file to myfolder location

$ cd ~/myandroid/

$ cp  ./device/fsl/common/tools/fsl-sdcard-partition.sh ~/myfolder

$ sudo chmod +x fsl-sdcard-partition.sh

copied u-boot-imx6q.imx, recovery-imx6q.img , boot-imx6q.img and system.img  from  out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/ to ~/myfolder

Flashed the binaries to SD Card using

$ sudo ./fsl-sdcard-partition.sh -f imx6q /dev/sdb

Once flashing on SD card is done . I tried booting the SABRE-SD board from SD3 boot.

u-boot and kernel are booting fine but at the time when Android RFS starts I m getting "init: untracked pid 2348 exited" which kills basic zygote and other stuffs. So I m not getting Android Up & running.

Would like to know any other steps I m missing here.

Regards

Fasil

Original Attachment has been moved to: lollipop_logs.txt.zip

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mohamedfasil
Contributor II

Hi weidong,

The issue is solved, there is problem in Linux PC which is not updating the /dev/sdb1 partition so the new kernel is not updated.

The SD card was booting from old kernel and hence this issue is there. Now I did a proper partition and 5.1 booted fine from SD card.

Regards

Fasil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fasil,

We didn't release android5.1.1 BSP , so above content is out of supporting range. Suggest you had better wait for it's release !

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos
mohamedfasil
Contributor II

Hi weidong,

The issue is solved, there is problem in Linux PC which is not updating the /dev/sdb1 partition so the new kernel is not updated.

The SD card was booting from old kernel and hence this issue is there. Now I did a proper partition and 5.1 booted fine from SD card.

Regards

Fasil

0 Kudos
donfreiling
Contributor III

Hello Fasil,

I am seeing the same problem. Could you please provide more details on how you solved this issue? I am building the BSP ont Ubuntu 14.04. I have followed the same step as you have to build for SD and copy the images to the SD card. How exactly did you resolve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Don

0 Kudos
evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hey Don,

I am trying to build Android images for several days now, it looks like it is missing the imx_v7_android_defconfig. Have you seen this error? Did you do anything extra that is not written in the guide to make it build? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Evgeny

0 Kudos
mohamedfasil
Contributor II

Hi Weidong,

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tried the same steps in 5.0 Android BSP. In which I'm facing the same problem.

Am I missing something here.

I have placed the proper bootargs for booting from SD3 slot.

U-Boot > setenv bootcmd booti mmc1 [Load the boot.img from SD card]

U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=384M

Regards

Fasil

0 Kudos
mohamedfasil
Contributor II

Hi Weidong,

Tried with Android 5.0 Official Freescale Binaries android_L5.0.0_1.0.0-ga_full_image_6qsabresd.tar.gz for SD Card and I'm not getting the Android booted up.

Getting same logs as attached in starting of this thread.

Regards

Fasil

0 Kudos