cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Calculation on IMX6 Sabre SD Platform Board

coskunayyildiz
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I have the "Sabre Platform for Smart Devices" demo board from freescale.

I would like to measure the power drawn only by the IMX6 processor on the demo board. By this means, I will have idea about power situation of our custom board that will be designed.

One idea was to turn the powers of the modules on the board off, but I could find no such way for that.

Second idea was to measure the power drawn by the external interfaces on the board but not the processor, hence, the difference between that value and the total value would give me the power drawn. For this purpose, I used the STOP mode of the processor, with, echo mem > /sys/power/state.

I want to learn whether I am on the right way and besides could there be any other way to measure the processor power.

Thank you very much in advance.

Coskun

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Coskun

please look at sect.2.7 Measuring Points on the Freescale SABRE SD Board

AN4509 i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Power Consumption Measurement

it shows procedure for power measurements.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos