cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting u-boot on phytec phyboard mira

shabbirbohra94
Contributor I

phytec  imx6_all   #barebox#u–boot

phyboard mira has barebox bootloader but I am trying to port u-boot instead of barebox.

Referring I.MX BSP PORTING GUIDE I made a custom u-boot image for this board and flashed this image to SD Card using dd command as follow: 

sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek-2 skip=2 conv=fsync

Configured the switch to boot from SD card but could not sees anything on scree.

What Could be the reason ??

What other method can I try to load u-boot from Barebox?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

shabbirbohra94
Contributor I

I found out why I was not able to see the Boot log, it was due to incorrect serial console setting. I changed serial console to uart2 which was set to uart1 previously. Now I am able to see the u-boot log but however getting a PMIC error.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shabbir Bohra,

The Phyboard Mira is manufactured and supported by Phytec so they may be able to provide some assistance on their board.

That being said, if you are booting an i.MX6 based board you need to skip 1k so the command would look something like:

$ sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdx bs=512 seek=2 conv=fsync

Also, make sure that the bootloader is set to boot from the SD card as it needs to be configured differently depending on from where it will boot.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

shabbirbohra94
Contributor I

Hello Sir,

The Board is Booting from SD card only, because I have tried flashing original Barebox image and it is working. The issue is only with the custom

u-boot image .

I also tried this command:    $ sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdx bs=512 seek=2 conv=fsync

and the result is same.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shabbir Bohra,

I would recommend contacting Phytec, as they may be able to provide the correct uboot configuration for their board. It could be that the hardware description for the board is not correct or complete and that's why it cannot load correctly.

Regards,