Porting the i.MX6 build to a different environment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting the i.MX6 build to a different environment

michaelworster
Contributor IV

I have a OpenEmbedded environment and I'd like to try and just move the i.MX6 BSP (u-boot & Kernel) to it, such that I can build my own root file system for the i.MX6 SABRE hardware. I went ahead and moved a subset of the meta-fsl-arm directory to my OpenEmbedded system, here's what I kept:

meta-fsl-arm/

├── classes

│   ├── fsl-dynamic-packagearch.bbclass

│   ├── fsl-eula-unpack.bbclass

│   ├── image_types_fsl.bbclass

│   └── mfgtool-initramfs-image.bbclass

├── conf

│   ├── layer.conf

│   └── machine

├── efl-layer

│   └── recipes-efl

├── EULA

├── README

├── recipes-bsp

│   ├── alsa-state

│   ├── barebox

│   ├── elftosb

│   ├── firmware-imx

│   ├── imx-bootlets

│   ├── imx-kobs

│   ├── imx-lib

│   ├── imx-test

│   ├── imx-uuc

│   ├── imx-vpu

│   ├── libmcc

│   ├── mqxboot

│   ├── mxsldr

│   └── u-boot

├── recipes-fsl

│   ├── images

│   └── packagegroups

├── recipes-kernel

│   ├── kernel-module-mcc

│   └── linux

└── scripts

└── get-maintainer

After this I can see the imx6 machine types are now available, but the build is giving me issues. Two problems have come up. First a number of the recipes DEPENDS on "lzop-native" and "bc-native", and on the system I tried to transplant the i.MX6 recipes to I'm getting an error:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'bc-native' (but /home/mike/ccf/ulf/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.10.17.bb, /home/mike/ccf/ulf/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-rt_3.10.17.bb, /home/mike/ccf/ulf/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc_3.14.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

I tried looking around on the fsl-release-bsp setup, but I couldn't find any recipe that "PROVIDES" these. Where are these obtained or how is this dependency supposed to work?

Is there a better guide or suggestions on adding the i.MX6 bsp recipes to another setup?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael Worster,

There are certainly a lot of dependencies for some of the i.MX6 recipes so it’s not uncommon to actually add custom layers to the i.MX6 BSP instead of importing just the i.MX6 specific layers to another setup. However, it can also be done with a bit of care for dependencies etc.

You may find any package available using:

bitbake -s | grep <RECIPE>

You can for example find the bc-native listed that way. Ultimately I believe it’s recipe just downloads the binaries from:

http://www.lzop.org/download/lzop-1.03.tar.gz

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bc/bc-1.06.tar.gz

But you can look for this on the recipes and other metadata for these packages.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos