Porting Android Automotive - scfw_tcm.bin not found

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Android Automotive - scfw_tcm.bin not found

eburley
Contributor III

I am porting Android Automotive from the imx8qm_mek board to our custom board.

I have build a custom scfw_tcm.bin file, as described in the Android_Auto_User_Manual, sec 8.7.

I placed the resulting bin file in  ${MY_ANDROID}/vendor/nxp/fsl-proprietary/uboot-firmware/
imx8q_car/mx8qx-custom-scfw-tcm.bin

How do I tell the build scripts to copy this file to /vendor/nxp-opensource/uboot-imx/scfw_tcm.bin during the build process?

When I build, I get the warning "...scfw_tcm.bin' not found, resulting binary is not-functional".

Somehow neither my new file or the original mx8qm-scfw-tcm.bin file are being used.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

eburley
Contributor III

No luck.  I tried:

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(FSL_PROPRIETARY_PATH)/fsl-proprietary/uboot-firmware/imx8q_car/mx8qm-custom-scfw-tcm.bin:$(UBOOT_IMX_PATH)/uboot-imx/scfw_tcm.bin \
$(FSL_PROPRIETARY_PATH)/fsl-proprietary/uboot-firmware/imx8q_car/mx8qm-custom-scfw-tcm.bin:$(UBOOT_IMX_PATH)/uboot-imx/mx8qm-custom-scfw-tcm.bin

and

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(FSL_PROPRIETARY_PATH)/fsl-proprietary/uboot-firmware/imx8q_car/mx8qm-custom-scfw-tcm.bin:scfw_tcm.bin \
$(FSL_PROPRIETARY_PATH)/fsl-proprietary/uboot-firmware/imx8q_car/mx8qm-custom-scfw-tcm.bin:mx8qm-custom-scfw-tcm.bin

The only thing that's worked so far is to copy the files manually and set them to read only so they don't get wiped by the clean phase.  Then it will compile.

0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@eburley 

Follow below code in mek_8q_car2.mk

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(FSL_PROPRIETARY_PATH)/fsl-proprietary/uboot-firmware/imx8q_car/xen:xen

0 Kudos