Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone shutdown abnormally when the wakelock is exist

jesselee
Contributor II

Hi community,

I'm working on imx6q with android 5.0.
I have met a problem as followed:

If there is wakelocks in android or kernel. Our phone will be shut down abnormally when the phone go into suspend. And I can 

not get any abnormal log.

Does any one know what can cause this problem and how to fix this issue?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Wakelocks are a normal part of the system. You can't get rid of them, but you can minimize the unnecessary ones for sure.

Basically you can be focusing on wakelocks that are proportionately higher than the others. If most wakelocks are 2-3 minutes after a full days use but you see a one or more holding wakelocks that are in the double digits, check those out.

Finally you need to device how much you want to reduce wakelocks. Like if you are listening to music there is nothing wrong with having your device awake. It shouldn't kill THAT much battery.  If you are continuing going to suspend, check your battery.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jesselee
Contributor II

Hi jamesbone,

Thank you for your reply.

I did a test, If the application hold "FULL_WAKE_LOCK", our phone can sleep normally.

But with other wake lock, our phone will shut down soon after sleep. 

Besides, if the kernel hold android wakelock as follows:

pastedImage_1.png

our phone still shut down.

This is our battery problem?

If cpu frequency or PMIC(PF0100) cause this problem?

Or any other reason?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos