cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission denied when remounting /system

salmanarif
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to change the boot animation for Android on a Sabre SD Platform with iMX6DL by following the guide in the FAQ. When trying to remount /system as read-write, I get a "Permission denied" error. I've tried using both a Terminal emulator on the device itself, and an adb shell. Can anyone who has managed to change the boot animation, or remount the file system help me out? Thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to use sudo to remount the partition.

Have a great day,                                                                                                                                                                  
Victor                                                                                                                                                                             

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                            
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!                                                                                       
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                            

0 Kudos