ykarafi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Customer : Harman

Project : M.A.R.S at BMW

Device: i.MX8QXP

BSP : L4.14.98-2.0.0_ga or later release

Are there any performance data for the released audio codec optimized by NEON SIMID instruction set on the i.MX8X (ARM A-35 core) device family ?

One additional question here : 

Would it be possible to deploy Linux in 1x A35 and other 3x A35 could be used as Audio Cores? 

I mean here, these 4x A35 cores have independent I- and D- caches but they do share the same L2 cache. Could that represent a blocking point for the partitioning (1x core for linux and 3x cores for audio processing) 

Best Regards,

Yassine

0 Kudos
5 Replies

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Bio_TICFSL please continue with the follow up.

0 Kudos

ykarafi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Are more information about the customer application required here?

BR,

Yassine

0 Kudos

ykarafi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi karinavalencia‌, 

I still need support for the second question : 

"Would it be possible to deploy Linux in 1x A35 and other 3x A35 could be used as Audio Cores? 

I mean here, these 4x A35 cores have independent I- and D- caches but they do share the same L2 cache. Could that represent a blocking point for the partitioning (1x core for linux and 3x cores for audio processing) "

Could SCFW settings for the xRDC domain enable having different OS running independently in the same A35-cluster?

BR,

Yassine

imx8qxp scfw‌

xrdc  

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yassine,

NXP do not have any benchmark regarding audio codec optimized by neon. The supported Audio codec specification can be found from BSP release note "i.MX_Linux_Release_Notes.pdf", such as "7.4.3 Audio codec specification".

And if it used the Hi-Fi 4 DSP for audio codec, then A35 CPU has no loading, most decoding tasks are in DSP. The DSP is another Core which is out of the 4 x A35.

Regards

0 Kudos

ykarafi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bio_TICFSL‌,

thank you for your answer.

I am aware of the DSP core. But to fulfill the audio processing requirements BMW is looking for, the HiFi4 DSP is not enough. 

That is why I was thinking of having some of the audio processing work done by the cortex A.

Best Regards,

Yassine

0 Kudos