cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch for PMIC on IMX53 START-R

poornat
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using IMX53 START-R board runnning with ICS version of android built by  LINARO BSP. Mouse and keyboard are not working with ICS version.

I think some configuration regarding PMIC is missing in ICS build which i am using.

Can anyone provide me patches pertaining to PMIC for ics (or) mention which files deal with PMIC on IMX53 Start-R board.

I tried with a optical mouse and found its not getting power at all, same with keyboard.

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

When I used gingerbread Mouse worked with same board there is some issue in ICS.

Regards

Poorna T

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Poorna,

I'm not much a SW guy, but can help with the HW meanwhile someone else checks the patches stuff. Power for the USB ports is controlled by the pin PATA_DA_2, which should be configured as a GPIO by the BSP. For power to be enabled, this pin must be logic high.

One important thing: In rev A of the board, R199 is 10 Ohms, which consumes too much current from the 5V power rail. If you have this version, you may want to replace it with a 10K. In rev B, R199 is already 10K, so no problem there.

Hope this helps!

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

By the way, 5V power is supplied by the 5V_MAIN rail, so no need to move or turn anything on in the PMIC.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos

poornat
Contributor II

Hi Jorge Ramirez Rivero,

Thanks for your reply. In my BSP PATA_DA_2 is declared as a gpio. Still I am unable to use it.

When i connected 2nd USB slot to a pc and connect Mouse on slot 1 of USB then Mouse is working. If i disconnect 2nd USB from PC mouse is not getting power and its not working at all.

Can you be bit more clear, I am getting some low power than required on usb slots soo could not use mouse or keyboard.

Regards

Poorna T

0 Kudos

poornat
Contributor II

I got a bypassed solution to use mouse or keyboard. That is you can connect micro usb on imx53 to second usb. then by connecting mouse to the top usb. This matters onlly for imx53 start-r with ICS build from linaro.

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to section "Known Issues/Limitations" of "i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_Release_Note.pdf" :

The Lower USB Host Jack and the Micro USB Device Jack are cross connected.

The user can plug one cable into either jack, but cannot plug cables into both jacks at the same time.

0 Kudos

poornat
Contributor II

Hi Yuri Muhin,

I too have seen that point but in mistake i connected second USB to pc and tried on USB port 1 with Mouse that was working fine. There are no corresponding files for PMIC MC34708 in 3.0.8 kernel or later, they were available in kernel 2.3.65.

0 Kudos