Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC for i.MX8QXP

Jump to solution
shyam_j
Contributor I

Hi,

I am referring to i.MX 8QXP MEK schematics in which they have employed 'PC33PF8100CCES' PMIC to power the i.MX 8QXP processor. In this regard can you please confirm the following:

1) I couldn't find 'PC33PF8100CCES' part on NXP website. Instead there are equivalent parts MC33PF8100FJES/MC33PF8200DEES. Are these the replacement parts for the 'PC33PF8100CCES'? Can you also please confirm the difference between 'PC33PF8100CCES' and its equivalent parts.

2) SW3 and SW4 channels of PMIC 'PC33PF8100CCES' in i.MX 8QXP MEK schematics are powering the VCC_GPU and VCC_CPU respectively. If MC33PF8100FJES/MC33PF8200DEES are replacement parts then SW3 and SW4 of new parts cannot be used to power VCC_GPU and VCC_CPU because the OTP configuration reports for these ICs mention that SW3 and SW4 are disabled. Can you please help us in understanding this conflict/ambiguity?

Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shyam

differencies are described in datasheet

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PF8100_PF8200.pdf 

MC33PF8100FJES is replacement part for the 'PC33PF8100CCES'.

SW3,4 are disabled for power-up sequence and can be enabled by software

after processor powered up. Note in i.MX8QXP/QM SCU (M4) module is

used for initial starting up of processor.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
月泉飞星
Contributor I

igorpadykov

Hi igor

Before the system is downloaded, does M4 automatically turn on SW3 and SW4 after power on? If not,how to control M4 to enable SW3 and SW4 ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shyam

differencies are described in datasheet

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PF8100_PF8200.pdf 

MC33PF8100FJES is replacement part for the 'PC33PF8100CCES'.

SW3,4 are disabled for power-up sequence and can be enabled by software

after processor powered up. Note in i.MX8QXP/QM SCU (M4) module is

used for initial starting up of processor.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Shivam1
Contributor II

Hi igor

Before the system is downloaded, does M4 automatically turn on SW3 and SW4 after power on? If not,how to control M4 to enable SW3 and SW4 ?

0 Kudos