Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC_ON_REQ state after SNVS on imX6ULL

Jump to solution
AMAL-DICORTECH
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the first power up of the imX6ULL.

I am planning to power the SNVS with a 3.3V LDO and provide the PMIC_ON_REQ as the enable signals for the switchers providing 3v3 and 1v8 voltages.

1) will the PMIC_ON_REQ (pin T9 be) automatically asserted on powering up the VSS_SNVS_IN?

Thanks and Regards

Amal A G 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AMAL-DICORTECH,

I hope you are doing well.

Since there is an internal Pull up (100K) of VDD_SNSVS_IN power rail on the PMIC_ON_REQ pin, as soon as the SNVS voltage is turned ON, the PMIC_ON_REQ pin will be driven high.

Please make sure to follow the power-up sequence mentioned in the datasheet. For reference, one can refer to the iMX6ULL EVK schematic design.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AMAL-DICORTECH
Contributor I

Hi, @riteshmpatel,

I am having another query regarding the PMIC_ON_REQ pin in i.MX6.ULL. Can you please comment on the amount of current that can be sourced from this pin . 

0 Kudos
riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AMAL-DICORTECH,

I hope you are doing well.

Since there is an internal Pull up (100K) of VDD_SNSVS_IN power rail on the PMIC_ON_REQ pin, as soon as the SNVS voltage is turned ON, the PMIC_ON_REQ pin will be driven high.

Please make sure to follow the power-up sequence mentioned in the datasheet. For reference, one can refer to the iMX6ULL EVK schematic design.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos
AMAL-DICORTECH
Contributor I
Hi, @riteshmpatel
Thank you for your valuable note.
0 Kudos