cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC_ON_REQ behavior during CPU POR

harsh_mistry
Contributor I

HI,

We are designing a custom board using i.MX 8 DualXPlus CPU based on the  i.MX 8QXP MEK board.

In order to simplify the Reset Scheme, we are doing the following changes:

1.  The SCU_WDOG_OUT and PMIC_WDOG_IN is bypassed (connected directly).

2.  PMIC_POR_B_1V8 is logically ANDed with the supervisory circuit as shown in the attached image:

PMIC_Reset.JPG

We have two questions:

1. In the event of pressing the manual reset button SW1, it will drive MANUAL_RESET to 0V eventually driving POR_B_1V8 to 0V so that the processor resets. During this, does the PMIC also perform a reset operation ( complete power cycle of all regulators)?

2. What will be the behaviour of PMIC_ON_REQ signal from the processor in the above event?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harsh

1. in such connection PMIC will not perform a reset operation, because

PMIC is reset by PMIC_WDOG_IN signal.

2. behaviour of PMIC_ON_REQ signal will be unaffected.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

harsh_mistry
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

So if we keep the PMIC WDI signal interfacing as it is in original design:PMIC_Reset1.JPG

Does this ensure a hard WD reset (reset of all voltage regulators+ reset of MCU) when we press the SW1 button?

And in the design why is R1395 kept DNP?

We are going to use the PMIC MC34PF8100FJEP.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harsh

>Does this ensure a hard WD reset (reset of all voltage regulators+ reset of MCU) when we press the SW1 button?

yes

>And in the design why is R1395 kept DNP?

PMIC_POR_B_1V8 will be produced by PMIC reset on p.8, so it is duplication.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos