cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC Comparison for i.MX6SoloLite: PF0100 versus LTC3676

Jump to solution
nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

My goal is lowest system power (particularly in IDLE mode).  Is there any advantage to going with the Freescale PF0100 PMIC over a 3rd party PMIC like the LTC3676 that simply provides power rails but is not as configurable?  I am planning to use LPDDR2 and include a USB Host in the design, so I will need those voltages as well.

I am mainly interested in:

1) Does the simplicity of the LTC3676 translate in to less power loss in the PIMIC?

2) How does this decision affect the decision about whether to use the i.MX6SL built in PMU or not?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Nathan

I think you may need to compare the efficiency of these two PMIC, for our PF0100, we already have some power data available for you, see the power application notes. But I don't have LTC's data, so you may need to ask for these two data sheets to have a comparison, I think the most important part is the power efficiency under light loading. As you said you care about the idle power most.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Nathan

I think you may need to compare the efficiency of these two PMIC, for our PF0100, we already have some power data available for you, see the power application notes. But I don't have LTC's data, so you may need to ask for these two data sheets to have a comparison, I think the most important part is the power efficiency under light loading. As you said you care about the idle power most.

0 Kudos