PINS-TOOL-IMX - Failed LPDDR4 Stresstest

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PINS-TOOL-IMX - Failed LPDDR4 Stresstest

koethe
Contributor II

We evaluated the new PINS-TOOL-IMX (v8) focused on the new DDR-Tool. We tested our LPDDR4 Memory interface sucessful but ther are some open questions.

1. Processor UART

There is no Option to select which UART is used?  Default is uart1

2. Stresstest 

There are 7 test which can performed. Test "Row hop read" and "Byte SSN memcpy" will allways fail. 

We tested the two different boards with the DDR-Tool, and there is no problem. 

3. vTSA (Data eye analysis)

There is an option to analyse all Byte Lanes and alle Bits but the test will nerver sucesful finish.If we analyse only on Byte Lane (8 Bits) there is noch problem.

4. Inport of *.ds File form RPA

We generated the *.ds File with the RPA Excel. During Import there is a notification    "Note that some default settings will be applied to the component!"

Bute the user do not know, which Register is set or not.

It take us some hours to find out, that we must manual set the "Number of ranks in the DFI0 channel to 1. 

Point 1,3 and 4 are only information to improve the tool. 

Point 2: Have someone performed all stresstests sucessful or this a bug?  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello koethe‌,

Thank you for your feedback! I have reported your findings to our Pins Tool experts in order to see if there is any workaround available.

Also, I just want to make sure. Which boards were used on your tests?

Regards,

Ruben

0 Kudos

koethe
Contributor II

Hello Ruben,

thanks for your feedback. To your question: We performed the tests on one of our TQ-Modules, not on a NXP evaluation board. 

Best regards,

Daniel 

0 Kudos

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello koethe‌,

Please see below the response from our DDR Tool (for Pins Tool) development team:

1. Processor UART: Correct UART1 is selected. We plan for next version to provide the option for user to select any port from the interface
  2. Stresstest: Stress test scenario is in beta stage (as per Release Note info). For the next version we will resolve the issues and provide overnight option
  3. vTSA (Data eye analysis): Let me know which board is used and which test (Write or Read)
  4. Import of *.ds File form RPA: Agree, this needs to be improved.

I´ve also informed them that you realized the vTSA (Data eye analysis) in one of your TQ-Modules. May I ask which processor was used on it, and which Diags test were run?

Regards,

Ruben

koethe
Contributor II

Hello Ruben,
thanks for your feedback. 

We performed all possible tests with our new TQMa8MxML with a i.MX8 Nano Dual Lite: 

Operational Test
- Write-Read-Compare
- Walking One
- Walking Zeros

Stresstest
- Data is Address, Row hop read
- SSN memcpy x32
- Byte SSN memcpy x32
- Memcpy pseudo random data
- IRAM to DDR x32
- IRMA to DDR v2 x32

vTSA
- Diag Write Margin
- Diag Read Margin

If you have a new Beta Version of the PINS-TOOL-IMX, we are able to test it. 

0 Kudos

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @koethe,

Thank you for providing more information on this, I will sent them to the Pins Tool development team and provide proper follow-up if possible.

Regards,

Ruben

0 Kudos

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @koethe,

Thank you for your patience. If you would like to test the latest  version of the Tool, my suggestion is to contact your assigned FAE or DFAE in order to do so

My apologies for my delayed answer.  I hope it helps!

Regards,
Ruben

0 Kudos