Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF3000 current limit behavior of SW

Jump to solution
Arcard334
Contributor I

Dear community,

I am considering using a device with the PF3000 built in. According to the datasheet, SW2 has a current limit during a short circuit, but I don't fully understand its specific operation.

For example, does it repeat 2 seconds OFF and 0.1 seconds ON, or does it stop outputting entirely until the short circuit is resolved?
Additionally, how long does the current limit last after a short circuit occurs?

Best Regards,
Kinosita

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

SW2 has an overcurrent sense bit (SW2FAULTS), it is asserted when SW2 above current limit. It takes 8 ms to detect the over current consumption.

SW2FAULTI register is set to 1 when the SW2 regulator is in current limit protection. This flag can only be cleared by writing a 1 to recover the SW2 output. Writing a 0 has no effect.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

SW2 has an overcurrent sense bit (SW2FAULTS), it is asserted when SW2 above current limit. It takes 8 ms to detect the over current consumption.

SW2FAULTI register is set to 1 when the SW2 regulator is in current limit protection. This flag can only be cleared by writing a 1 to recover the SW2 output. Writing a 0 has no effect.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Arcard334
Contributor I

Hi, JorgeCas.

Thank you for your reply.

So, it shuts down 8 milliseconds after detecting a short-circuit current.

Thank you for the information.