cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF0100 'VSNVS' Output

vigneshvasudeva
Contributor II

Hi,

After going through MMPF0100, I got to know that VSNVS pin of PF0100 is an output which derives its power from either VIN or coin cell. Let me know whether VSNVS output will be present always and does not have any dependency on PWRON pin of PMIC itself.

I put this question because in our design we are replicating the PMIC connections as in SabreSD board, where by P3V3_LICELL(pin 42 LICELL) yields PMIC_VSNVS(pin 43 VSNVS) which in turn gives VSNVS_3V0(through a 0Ohms arrangement) to which the crucial PWRON (pin 56) has been pulled high. Kindly refer to the images for clarification and let me know if there is anything wrong about this design.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vignesh,

Yes, the VSNVS signal will be on as long as a voltage is present at LICELL or VIN. In fact, the PWRON pin needs this voltage as reference to detect a high level or a high to low transition, so it depends on VSNVS, but not the other way around, that's why PWRON needs a pull-up to VSNVS. I checked your images and everything seems fine. You can actually get rid of R31 since the i.MX6 has an internal pull-up in the PMIC_ON_REQ pin. This may actually be more convenient since currently you have both resistors in parallel.

Best regards.

Jorge.

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

reyes, Can you please check on this ?

0 Kudos