cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF0100 VDDOTP Voltage

Jump to solution
durmus
Contributor IV

Can someone please clarify what the voltage VDDOTP should be for programming PF0100 and PF0100A?

Datasheet Rev. 9.0, 7/2014, Page 26 says:

Programming the fuses requires an 8.25 V, 100 mA supply powering

the VDDOTP pin, bypassed with 10 to 20 F of capacitance

AN4536 MMPF0100 OTP Programming Instructions, Page 28 says:

An 9.5 V/9.25 V, 100 mA power supply at VDDOTP bypassed by 2 x 10 μF capacitors.

The voltage depends on the silicon revision used. See section OTP Programming Example for details.

Same document Page 5, section OTP Programming Example says:

Turn ON 9.5 V supply for PF0100A. Turn ON 9.0 V supply for PF0100.

I'm pretty sure I've also seen a 8.5V somewhere, but can't find it now.

I did program PF0100A parts using 8.5V, but still...

So we have 8.25V, 8.5V, 9.0V, 9.25V and 9.5V. What value should be used with either parts?

Or does it matter too much? What is the acceptable tolerance?

Thank you very much.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I understand the confusion and apologize for that but let me explain:

We actually increased the voltage to 9.5V for PF0100A and 9.25V for PF0100. Basically the APP Note is correct.

However, even at 8V, the parts should program… just that when you do this in large quantify you may get some errors. So, it is not recommended.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I understand the confusion and apologize for that but let me explain:

We actually increased the voltage to 9.5V for PF0100A and 9.25V for PF0100. Basically the APP Note is correct.

However, even at 8V, the parts should program… just that when you do this in large quantify you may get some errors. So, it is not recommended.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos