cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF0100 PMIC drivers

sriramchadalava
Contributor III

Dear community,

Is anybody aware of existing LINUX I2C based driver/application for the PF0100 Power Management Integrated circuit(datasheet attached) preferably ported to imx6?

Thanks,

Sriram

Labels (4)
7 Replies

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Sriram

Our linux BSP already have PF0100 driver ready using I2C interface, you can get the BSP release code from freescale web and port it to your platform. See below main files for this drivers, I2C driver, init and regulator driver for pfuse100

drivers/mfd/pfuze-core.c

arch/arm/mach-mx6/mx6q_sabresd_pmic_pfuze100.c

drivers/regulator/pfuze100-regulator.c

sriramchadalava
Contributor III

Hi Yongcai,

Does the Android BSP (application framework, libraries, HAL layer) have anything to access these drivers?

Or would you know of any example application in the Android BSP which drives I2C to talk to some peripheral?

Thanks,

Sriram

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Sriram

As far as I know, Android is not accessing PFuse directly.

The Pfuze is only accessed by CPUFreq driver, so if there is any CPU freq change, Pfuze will be accessed.

0 Kudos

sriramchadalava
Contributor III

Hi Yongcai,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you, your Freescale colleagues or anyone in the community cite examples of similar such Android applications in the BSP directly accessing any other (pref. on I2C bus) Freescale devices?

Something like:http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Android_Sensor_PortingGuide

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry that I am not members of Android team. What I know is that we only exposed those interface of accessing PFuze via I2C to sys fs interface. It should be easy to create a HAL to access these sys fs interface, but I don't know how to do that, you may need to ask someone in Android team. I believe that we didn't have the HAL for accessing PFuze so far.

sriramchadalava
Contributor III

Hi Yongcai,

Thanks for the quick response again.

How can I reach someone in the Freescale Android team? All I'm looking for is some reference or examples for HAL and JNI.

0 Kudos

AlanZhang
Contributor V

Hi, Sriram,

Yongcai is right that for android, it does only power state change between suspend to resume. Android does not access PMIC directly, what it can see is the /sys/power interface.

Regards,

Alan Zhang

0 Kudos