cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe in SABRESDP

vijaikumar
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am currently trying to get PCIe up in SABRESDP( SABRE for Smart Devices Reference Design|Freescale ). I am using imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga branch and have enabled the following configurations in menuconfig as mentioned in i.MX 6 Linux® Reference Manual, Rev. L3.14.28_1.0.0-ga.

CONFIG_PCI=y

CONFIG_PCI_DOMAINS=y

CONFIG_PCI_SYSCALL=y

CONFIG_PCIE_DW=y

CONFIG_PCI_IMX6=y

I am getting the following error.

bus: 'platform': add driver imx6q-pcie

bus: 'platform': driver_probe_device: matched device 1ffc000.pcie with driver imx6q-pcie

bus: 'platform': really_probe: probing driver imx6q-pcie with device 1ffc000.pcie

imx6q-pcie 1ffc000.pcie: no default pinctrl state

imx6q-pcie 1ffc000.pcie: phy link never came up

imx6q-pcie 1ffc000.pcie: Failed to bring link up!

imx6q-pcie 1ffc000.pcie: failed to initialize host

imx6q-pcie: probe of 1ffc000.pcie failed with error -22

bus: 'platform': remove driver imx6q-pcie

driver: 'imx6q-pcie': driver_release

lspci shows nothing. I have not connected any PCIe devices to the board. Atleast I should be able to see the root complex using lspci command. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

alexlevandovski
Contributor I

Hello,Vijai I have the same Problem. I looked to  pci-imx6.c and see the same time as in Link from igorpadykov, but steel have the problem. Do you know, how to get problem away?

regards Alex

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vijai

please try with connected PCIe card, without it

lspci will show nothing. Recommended to try several cards.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vijaikumar
Contributor III

Hi ,

Currently we are using MU609 modem from Huawei. This card has already been proved with other processors. Moreover the 3.10.17 kernel detects the root complex without any issues. when I do lspci in 3.10.17 I can see the vendor ID and device ID of it. Is there any workarounds I have to do inorder to get root complex up on 3.14.28 kernel?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

one can try to change usleep_range, as described at

Re: i.MX6 PCIe bug (scheduling while atomic)

~igor

0 Kudos