显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

PCIe : Phy link never came up

4,751 次查看
pinkpr
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I'm currently implementing PCIe support on an iMX6DL based board. I let the stock device tree configuration, and I get this error log at boot : 

1ffc000.pcie supply pcie-bus not found, using dummy regulator
imx6q-pcie 1ffc000.pcie: phy link never came up
imx6q-pcie 1ffc000.pcie: failed to initialize host
imx6q-pcie: probe of 1ffc000.pcie failed with error -22

Does it mean that the iMX PCIe core isn't detected ?

I can't get rid of this error, and I can't find any working fix on the internet :-(

Have a nice day !

PinkPR

0 项奖励
3 回复数

1,089 次查看
vivsundar
Contributor III

I am getting this problem intermittently. @pinkpr@Ryze did you tried the solution given by @Yuri and solved the problem?

0 项奖励

3,504 次查看
Ryze
Contributor I

Hi, Pinkpr

I met the same proplem.Did you fix this?

Could you please give me a solution for this.

Regards.

Wenqing

0 项奖励

3,689 次查看
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at my comments below.

Check PCie clock configuration, if it meets HW Design Checking List recommendations about using (external) PCIe

clock :

"Due to CLKx_P/N is LVDS port and don't match with PCIe reference clock specification. For PCIe Gen1 application, following low cost solution can be used(DC bias and AC impedance should be considered). Please refer to "HW Design Checking List for i.Mx6DQSDL Rev3.1.xlsx", sheet "Schematic", Ref12 for more info."

"PCIe reference clock solution which provided by CLKx_N/P of i.MX6 chip can't pass PCIe Gen2 compliance test. Recommend using external PCIe 2.0/3.0 clock generator with 2 HCSL outputs solution. One clock channel connect to i.MX6 as a reference input, please click Ref14 ("HW Design Checking List for i.Mx6DQSDL Rev3.1.xlsx") for reference circuit. Another clock channel should connect to PCIe connector, please contact generator vendor for detailed design guide."

HW_Design_Checking_List_for_i.MX6DQP6DQ6SDL 

The PCIe clock signal pair is not part of the PCIe PHY IP (assuming the CLK1N/P are used).

They are configured via PMU_MISC1n register.

Use the recent NXP BXP.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS 

Summary page:

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Please try adjust parameters of PCIe_PHY by changing the IOMUXC_GPR8 register.

You may refer to app note

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4784.pdf 

for details.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励