cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out-of-tree kernel module for mfgtool in yocto

mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Community,

did someone successfully build an out-of-tree kernel module to be used with the MfgTool kernel?

Unfortunately the module I am trying to add to the mfgtool image is always built using the "normal" kernel (virtual\kernel) and not linux-imx-mfgtool. Thus loading the module fails, because it wasn't build against the running kernel.

So I'll have to modify the module's recipe somehow to be build against linux-imx-mfgtool and not virtual\kernel (=linux-imx).

If someone already managed to do this, it would be great if it could be shared here...

Probably it is not a really big deal, but right now, I can't find the solution.

best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mahi
Contributor IV

As a workaround, I moved the module into the kernel tree as a patch and build it together with linux-imx-mfgtool.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Martin,

I haven’t heard of someone implementing this. One option is as you have done for a workaround.

You don’t specify which BSP you are using, but in the latest (4.14.98) the Manufacturing Tool kernel is defined with:
KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME = "linux-mfgtool"

Which makes it less messy than in older releases. In this case you should be able to leave the configuration of a device tree fixed by relating it to linux-mfgtool, although I haven’t tried it.

I hope this helps!
Regards,

0 Kudos

mahi
Contributor IV

Hello,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have to use 4.1.15-2.0.3, so I will have to keep my workaround...

Best regards,
 Martin

0 Kudos