Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenVG, OpenGL and OpenCL on IMX6

Jump to solution
ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Hello

Is it possible to use OpenVG, OpenGL and OpenCL together on IMX6Q in order to use GC350 (2D GPU) and GC2000(3D GPU)?

Labels (5)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ali,

Triple Play graphics inside the i.MX6 consists of three Vivante GPU cores – GC2000 for graphics and OpenCL, GC320 for composition and GC355 for OpenVG. Each core works seamlessly together to ensure QoS and efficient work-load balance for best-in class reliability and performance. The differentiated cores allow the composition engine to offload all 2D/composition functions from the GPU to save power and allow the GPU to focus on rendering amazing 3D HMIs and configurable instrument clusters. The OpenVG core operates in parallel to the other engines and delivers the sharpest, fastest, and most accurate needle renderings.

Please check Kanzi Demo from Rightware and using the i.MX6Q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmc9dW9gV-U

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abdulredwan
Contributor III

Hello @Bio_TICFSL @ali_sarlak 

Unable to access the video (it says private). We are planning to integrate Kanzi runtime (engine) on to i.MXQM linux. Any pointers on this would be hugely helpful

Thanks

Redwan

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ali,

Triple Play graphics inside the i.MX6 consists of three Vivante GPU cores – GC2000 for graphics and OpenCL, GC320 for composition and GC355 for OpenVG. Each core works seamlessly together to ensure QoS and efficient work-load balance for best-in class reliability and performance. The differentiated cores allow the composition engine to offload all 2D/composition functions from the GPU to save power and allow the GPU to focus on rendering amazing 3D HMIs and configurable instrument clusters. The OpenVG core operates in parallel to the other engines and delivers the sharpest, fastest, and most accurate needle renderings.

Please check Kanzi Demo from Rightware and using the i.MX6Q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmc9dW9gV-U