cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL ES for i.MX53 for Android 4.2.2

Jump to solution
JanKobler
Contributor II

I am porting Android 4.2.2 to a TQMa53 board with i.MX53.

The Android source is based on Linaro 13.05 http://www.linaro.org/downloads/1305

I am using the linux kernel from http://www.tq-group.com/uploads/tx_abdownloads/files/OSELAS.BSP-TQ-TQMA53.0105.tar.gz which can be found on en:arm:tqma53:linux [TQ Support Wiki]

I have tried to use the OpenGL ES Libraries from Android R10.4 https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX5X_R10_4_ANDROID_DOCSBUNDLE

but the linker reports

E/libEGL  ( 1586): load_driver(/system/lib/egl/libEGL_imx51.so): Cannot load library: is_prelinked(linker.cpp:667): prelinked libraries no longer supported: /system/libo

By a patch with the commit id 4688279db5dcc4004941e7f133c4a1c3617d842c (Date:   Fri Aug 3 16:49:39 2012 -0700) the prelinker support has been removed from the file bionic/linker/linker.cpp in the Android source code.

Is there any OpenGL ES Library which can be used in Android 4.2.2 for a board with i.MX53 CPU?

Will there be any released?

Is it possible to convert the OpenGL ES from IMX5X_R10_4_ANDROID into a format, which can be used by Android  4.2.2?

Is there any driver developer kit to create OpenGL ES Libraries for new versions of Android?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JanKobler
Contributor II

After installing IMX6_JB422_110_ANDROID_SOURCE you get a folder device/fsl-proprietary/gpu which contains the following files:

device/fsl-proprietary/gpu:

egl

fsl-gpu.mk

lib

device/fsl-proprietary/gpu/egl:

egl.cfg

libEGL_imx51.so

libGLESv1_CM_imx51.so

libGLESv2_imx51.so

device/fsl-proprietary/gpu/lib:

libc2d_z160.so

libc2d_z430.so

libgsl-fsl.so

This gpu library is referred to in the folder device/fsl/imx53_smd.

You can build Android 4.2.2 for this device with TARGET_PRODUCT:=imx53_smd.

I have no imx53_smd hardware, where I can test the resulting image.

Does anybody know, if the Android BSP for imx53_smd in IMX6_JB422_110_ANDROID_SOURCE can be used as a base for some other i.MX53 board?

The gpu libraries for the i.MX6 are in the folder device/fsl-proprietary/gpu-viv and are used by the i.MX6 targets.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JanKobler
Contributor II

After installing IMX6_JB422_110_ANDROID_SOURCE you get a folder device/fsl-proprietary/gpu which contains the following files:

device/fsl-proprietary/gpu:

egl

fsl-gpu.mk

lib

device/fsl-proprietary/gpu/egl:

egl.cfg

libEGL_imx51.so

libGLESv1_CM_imx51.so

libGLESv2_imx51.so

device/fsl-proprietary/gpu/lib:

libc2d_z160.so

libc2d_z430.so

libgsl-fsl.so

This gpu library is referred to in the folder device/fsl/imx53_smd.

You can build Android 4.2.2 for this device with TARGET_PRODUCT:=imx53_smd.

I have no imx53_smd hardware, where I can test the resulting image.

Does anybody know, if the Android BSP for imx53_smd in IMX6_JB422_110_ANDROID_SOURCE can be used as a base for some other i.MX53 board?

The gpu libraries for the i.MX6 are in the folder device/fsl-proprietary/gpu-viv and are used by the i.MX6 targets.

0 Kudos
maxmustermann
Contributor I

Folks,

I've got CRTC, IPU and VPU fully running on an tqma53.

The GPUs ... well, Qt5+EGL _seems_ to work ... somehow ... with *UGLY* hacks.

Just have a look at the kgsl kernel patches - _massive_ security leaks !

Some are just horrible code, some are design issues which *cannot* be solved

w/o having the full source of the userland part (or: a complete rewrite from scratch)

NEVER EVER use that in a production system !

[imx53] WARNING! Do NOT use the proprietary GPU drivers / KGSL stuff - MAJOR RISK!

0 Kudos
giancarlobaracc
Contributor I

Hi

I'm interested into testing 4.2.2 on imx53

Can you share a link or some instructions?

The above link doesn't work

Kind regards

0 Kudos
onurkepenek
Contributor I

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this issue? I am trying to implement android  4.2.2 to i.mx53. I used patch from freescale for i.mx6. Then i have made changes in kernel for framebuffer. I can see the linux logo at start up. But android bootanimation didn't start, screen turns to black.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You cannot use the same patch that it is available for the i.MX6, since the GPU it is completely different,  the i.MX53 has an AMD Z430 and Z160 GPU,  you may find some patches from AMD directly since the Android BSP libraries are precompiled as you already find it out and are not share as sources.

0 Kudos