cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCV 2.3.1 on i.MX53QSB

Rooney
Contributor III

Hello!

Has anybody experience on running OpenCV on the i.MX53QSB?

I'm having troubles during cross-compiling of OpenCV. The following error occurs at about 85%:

Linking CXX executable ../../bin/opencv_traincascade
/home/spiderman/Development/rootfs/lucid/usr/lib/libz.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/opencv_traincascade] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules/traincascade/CMakeFiles/opencv_traincascade.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

My system configuration:

Host:
# Ubuntu 10.04

# CMake 2.8.1

# Freescale Toolchain (arm-non-linux-gnueabi-)

Target:

# i.MX53QSB

# Ubuntu 10.04 (debootstrap version, not ltib)

What I did...

# Unpacking OpenCV 2.3.1

# Created toolchain file witht the following content:

set( CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux )
set( CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR arm )
set( CMAKE_C_COMPILER /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc )
set( CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ )
set( CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH /home/spiderman/Development/rootfs/lucid/ )
# Executing cmake-gui OpenCV-2.3.1

# Disabling almost any feature, just to get rid of any problems caused by libs that are not available

# Added -I /home/spiderman/Development/rootfs/lucid/usr/include -L /home/spiderman/Development/rootfs/lucid/usr/lib to OPENCV_EXTRA_C_FLAGS --> path to the libs and include files on my target system

# Configure and generate are successfull

# make FAILS!!!

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

hoanganhngo
Contributor III

I'm in the same problem with you.Can any one help me?.Thanks!.

0 Kudos

JohannesPetzold
Contributor I

well, I get the 98% build now, but then it fails with linking rt and pthread library. building it again with flags -lrt and -lpthread it fails at 15% with building zlib. So I think I'm trying to do a native build now, don't want to spend to much time with that problem. If I find a better solution, I'll let you know

0 Kudos

Rooney
Contributor III

Hello Johannes!

Currently not, but I've to confess I didn't spend any time in the last weeks to solve the problem, as I'm busy to develop my own i.MX53 board at the moment. But nevertheless, sooner or later I need to find a solution for that. I'll post it here.

If you can solve yourself please let us know. Thanks!!!

Regards

Rooney

0 Kudos

JohannesPetzold
Contributor I

Hi, 

i'm facing the same problem as you with building opencv under ltib. Have you found another good solution than a native build?

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OpenCV needs MMX code which is only supported by Xscale? Please ensure you disable those ASM code.

for your problem, it seems that your build path link a x86 version, a good choice is to run mx53 with ubuntu and do a native build

0 Kudos