Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omnivision 14MP MiPi camera sensor OV14825/OV14810

Jump to solution
matevzlangus
Contributor III

Hi,

has anybody been able to get picture from Omnivision 14MP MiPi camera sensor OV14825/OV14810 over MiPi?

We get response from the sensor on I2C, but no picture. I assume the init script (registers for OV14825) is wrong (the datasheet seems not to be complete).

regards,

Matevz Langus

0 Kudos
1 Solution
matevzlangus
Contributor III

Hi,

after setting some undocumented settings in Omnivision sensor we got it working. So 14MP works on i.MX6 nicely.

Matevz Langus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
matevzlangus
Contributor III

Hi,

after setting some undocumented settings in Omnivision sensor we got it working. So 14MP works on i.MX6 nicely.

Matevz Langus

0 Kudos
macpeebles
Contributor I

Hi Matevz,

I am new to the i.MX6. Do you have any example code that you could share for setting up the 14 MP camera and taking pictures with it. No worries if you can't...it's just helpful to know that it can be done. Nice job figuring out the undocumented settings on your own!

Cheers,

Mac

0 Kudos
matevzlangus
Contributor III

Hi Mac,

Regarding the code I will ask our guys. When connecting 14MP sensors to i.MX6 be aware you will need to perform bayer demosaicing filter in software, IPU will not be able to handle it with such high res.

Matevz

0 Kudos
macpeebles
Contributor I

Matevz,

Thanks for responding and thanks for that info on having to do the bayer demosaicing in SW...and thanks for asking your guys about the code. Are you working for a company on this...or doing research at a university...or is this a hobby for you all? If you have code that takes full frame images and does all the conversion necessary to save them as JPEGs at something like 2 to 4Hz...that would be very useful and valuable to us.

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos