cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OV5647 mipi csi2 green, wrong format, output

hiromiyokoo
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I'm using an OV5647 mipi csi2 camera module (Raspberry Pi Version 1.3 camera), connected to a custom iMX6 board running Linux 3.10.17 with a patch obtained (and adapted) from:

http://www.xilka.com/kernel/3/3.14/3.14.30/source/Linux-3.14.29-ov5647-20150126.patch

The custom board is close to a sabrelite board.

The processor is an i.MX6 DL

The problem is that the output is completely biased to green and it's displaying 64 (8x8) images (my face in green) instead of one on the display.

An example of command used to obtain this output is:

gst_launch mfw_v4lsrc device=ev/video0 ! mfw_v4lsink

The gstreamer version in 0.10.

Please, if you know how to fix the problem, could you explain me what to do?

Could you please tell me also if an official driver is available somewhere and/or an updated manual (I found only the first version of the manua)?

Thank you in advance.

Roberto

PS: I've also tried to adapt the driver found in the above patch without touching the other patched files in the kernel, but the output is more or less the same, greeen in wrong format.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

according to the patch you mentioned, there is only one resolution 960p(1280x960) in  ov5647_mipi.c.

this is a driver for ov5645. you may try to 'copy and paste' the capture modes to your ov5647_mipi.c.

OV5645 Driver

If the OV5645 capture settings are not work for OV5647, I would suggest you to contact the OmniVision to get the OV5647 capture modes setting.

0 Kudos

hiromiyokoo
Contributor II

Thank You, I've tried your suggestion, and even 'copy and paste' from the code I found at:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/drivers/media/platform/mxc/subdev/o...

(ov5647 driver for iMX7 and other Linux version) .

But I had no success, still not getting colors and wrong format.

0 Kudos