cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OV5640 and OV5642 camera modules for SABRE-SDB platform

namche
Contributor I

Hi All,

Does anyone know where it is possible to buy OV5640 and OV5642 camera modules that plug in to the SABRE-SDB platform (modules that plug in to the FX12B-40P-0.4SV sockets on the board)?

Many thanks and best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

wodpine
Contributor II

Hi Craig,

I have the same problem, but my board is MCIMX6Q-SDP. I have find a camera custom-made manufactory for customization. But I can get my board's camera socket type, How did you got your socket types?

Many thanks

wod

0 Kudos

namche
Contributor I

Hi Wod

It seems these modules aren't available unless you want to buy them in very high volumes.  Unfortunately I have not found anywhere that is selling a module that will plug in to one of the development boards.

Best regards

Craig

0 Kudos

wodpine
Contributor II

Hi Craig,

I have buy OV5642 and OV5640 samples  Through the module manufacturer.

BR

wod

0 Kudos

ahmedrida
Contributor III

Hi,

Check out this website

5 Mega pixel Camera Module OV5642 1080P JPEG Output

Regards,

Ahmed

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello Craig,

These modules are made by OmniVision, you might want to send them an email at: sales@ovt.com

Best regards,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

namche
Contributor I

Many thanks Sergio, I'll give them a try.

Best regards

Craig

0 Kudos

curtislesmeiste
Contributor I

Craig,

I too am looking for the OV5642 SDB compatible camera module.  I just sent off an email to Omnivision, but I was wondering if you've had any luck finding one.

Thanks,

Curt

0 Kudos

namche
Contributor I

Hi Curt,

So far I've had no response from two emails to Omnivision. I am seeing if I can find any more information through distributors at the moment.

Best regards

Craig

0 Kudos