Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA Android 8.0.0 Update

Jump to solution
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi All,

I have successful built the OTA Android zip file and also update by using same system

Now my intention is to try OTA update by using other OTA android zip file built from other system

What is the difference between two different system OTA Android zip file?

Is there any user guide or document to update OTA  using different system OTA android zip file.

Regards, VinothS 

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
Labels (1)
1 Solution
shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi, vinothkumar s

When doing OTA update built on different machines, one should make sure the Android AOSP (running onboard) build time should be earlier than the OTA package build time.

For example, if your Android AOSP (built on Machine A) build time is Tue Apr 30 11:03:48 IST 2019 and OTA package (built on Machine B) build time is Tue Apr 30 09:03:48 IST 2019 then it will fail.

So, whenever you want to do OTA update, you need to generate the OTA package again.

Kindly generate the OTA package which you trying to upgrade again with below commands and try to update the system with this OTA package:

• make clean
  • make -j4 && make otapackage

If the above steps are not working then can you please provide the logs in case of OTA failure.

Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi, vinothkumars

Did the above solution help you?

Regards,

Shivani

0 Kudos
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Shivani Patel,

Sorry for the late reply. One of my junior doing this task and I will share the log. As per this log the update was not done properly. Please check the attached log,

Regards,

VinothS

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos
shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi, vinothkumar s

I am able to update the OTA package in Android 8.0.0 as well with the steps which I have mentioned above.

Can you please let us know which steps are you following to update the OTA?

Kindly share the error log as well.

Regards,

Shivani

0 Kudos
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Shivani Patel,

Thank you for your support.

It works mine also. But, it is not successful for all system and as per my customer this OTA update was limitation to some device.

So, we close this one.

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS 

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi, vinothkumar s

When doing OTA update built on different machines, one should make sure the Android AOSP (running onboard) build time should be earlier than the OTA package build time.

For example, if your Android AOSP (built on Machine A) build time is Tue Apr 30 11:03:48 IST 2019 and OTA package (built on Machine B) build time is Tue Apr 30 09:03:48 IST 2019 then it will fail.

So, whenever you want to do OTA update, you need to generate the OTA package again.

Kindly generate the OTA package which you trying to upgrade again with below commands and try to update the system with this OTA package:

• make clean
  • make -j4 && make otapackage

If the above steps are not working then can you please provide the logs in case of OTA failure.

Hope this will help you.

0 Kudos