cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to read from spi imx6ul evk

Jump to solution
pratyushtomar
Contributor IV

I am using a wifi device on spi 4. I am able to compile drivers successfully. By debugging driver and using oscilloscope I am able to observe that driver sends packet to wifi module and wifi also replies back but at imx6 ul evk spi end no data is received. I am using spi 4 on imx6ul evk and I am using following dts configuration

&ecspi4 {

fsl,spi-num-chipselects = <1>;

pinctrl-names = "default";

pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_ecspi4>;

status = "okay";

wilc_spi@0 {

compatible = "atmel,wilc_spi";

spi-max-frequency = <6000000>;

reg = <0>;

status = "okay";

};

};

pinctrl_ecspi4: ecspi4grp {

fsl,pins = <

MX6UL_PAD_ENET2_TX_CLK__ECSPI4_MISO   0x100b1

MX6UL_PAD_ENET2_TX_EN__ECSPI4_MOSI    0x100b1

MX6UL_PAD_ENET2_TX_DATA1__ECSPI4_SCLK 0x100b1

>;

};

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratyush

one can test if it is working with loopback and check if spi input signal is used

in uboot/linux as part of enet2 (fec2):

pinctrl_enet2..

MX6UL_PAD_ENET2_TX_CLK__ENET2_REF_CLK2

also as ENET2_TX_CLK could be driven with reference clock, it makes

sense to check GPR1[ENET2_CLK_SEL]

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pratyushtomar
Contributor IV

In my case problem was with wifi module connected to spi on board and thus imxul evk board spi was working fine.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratyush

one can test if it is working with loopback and check if spi input signal is used

in uboot/linux as part of enet2 (fec2):

pinctrl_enet2..

MX6UL_PAD_ENET2_TX_CLK__ENET2_REF_CLK2

also as ENET2_TX_CLK could be driven with reference clock, it makes

sense to check GPR1[ENET2_CLK_SEL]

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

were you able to get the MISO line working on ECSPI4? Seems I have similar problem. The connected device is responding correctly on incoming command but when connected to the board via Arduino header the signal I get is only edge ~2V.

I have also populated R1724, R1725, R1756, R1727 and removed R1633 (near to sd slot), R1634, R1635, R1636 (bottom).

When the signal is routed directly to the MCu, SPI works. Seems like a board issue.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

on new board revision C is necessary also to remove C416 capacitor on CPU board to get the ECSPI4 communication working.

best rgeards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos