Not able to put whole system in low power using FlexCAN (STOP mode)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to put whole system in low power using FlexCAN (STOP mode)

pranavsinha
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using i.MX6 solo processor based system and my requirement is to put the entire system in low power mode and wake up using CAN message. As per my understanding from "i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processor Reference Manual", I can use FlexCAN STOP mode because "This is a system low power mode in which system clocks can be stopped for maximum power savings". I am putting FlexCAN in STOP mode using below configuration  - 

1 - CAN1_STOP_REQ is set to 1

2- I have verified that CAN1_STOP_ARK is set to 1 by FlexCAN

3- SLF_WAK is set to 1 to enable self wake up in MCR

4- WAK_MSK is set to 1 for enabling wake up interrupt in MCR

With this configuration, FlexCAN is not putting the entire system in low power mode.

Is it possible using FlexCAN, whole system will be turned in to low power and will be waked up by self wake up on FlexCAN or it is wrong understanding and FlexCAN will only put itself in low power mode. 

Also, is it required to set CAN2_STOP_REQ as 1, as I am only using CAN1.

Please help to suggest.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pranav

no, FlexCAN can not put whole system to low power mode.

Please check can unit tests (imx-test package),  ..test/can/doc/FSL-UT-CAN-002

www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-test-5.7.tar.gz

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------