Not able to play two different sampled audio simultaneously using two different devices using cs42888-audio

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to play two different sampled audio simultaneously using two different devices using cs42888-audio

harekrishnaroy
Contributor III

​I am using yocto build setup and trying to play audio using inbuilt audio card cs42888-audio. Doing aplay -l list the capability of audio cards as below:

root@imx6qsabreauto:~# aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: cs42888audio [cs42888-audio], device 0: HiFi cs42888-0 []

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: cs42888audio [cs42888-audio], device 1: HiFi-ASRC-FE (*) []

card 2: imxhdmisoc [imx-hdmi-soc], device 0: i.MX HDMI Audio Tx hdmi-hifi-0 []

As it is clear that card 0 have two audio devices 0 and 1. I want to play 48khz stereo audio through hw:0,0 and 16khz mono audio through hw:0,1. But they are not playing in parallel.

The problem is that if i am playing any one of two audio and start playing second audio; first audio stops playing and 2nd audio starts. But I expect mixed audio to be heard.

I tried changing asound.conf file (used dmix and plug alsa plugin) and added virtual device with desired configuration but parallel playback failed. Though, I am able to play two audio through same device in parallel.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

abhishekkumar1
Contributor I

Hi igor,

Can you explain your assumption?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hare

seems this is not possible as cs42888 has one clock (frame and bit) for

all channels.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos